Our friends Leni and Marley from Puppy Songs made a visit to Decatur Library to show you how easy contact-free pickup at your local DeKalb County Public Library is!
The patron holds limit have been increased from 10 to 15 . This matches the limit for the print collection.
RBdigital eBooks and downloadable audio titles will migrate to OverDrive. This was driven by purchase of OverDrive by KKR, who owns Recorded Books.
On August 10, RBdigital will turn off access to ebook and audiobook content in the RBdigital app as titles are moved to OverDrive. During that time (approximately 4 hours, but could take up to 24 hours for titles to fully populate), patrons will not have access to the RBdigital titles. A message will be posted in the RBdigital app. After the transfer RBdigital patrons will be redirected to OverDrive.
How contact-free pickup works:
1. Request materials at dekalblibrary.org If you need assistance with this step, call your local branch.
2. Wait for an email or text message saying your items are ready for pickup.
3. Call branch to schedule a pickup time. Hours for pickup are 10:00a.m.-4:00p.m.
4. When you arrive for pickup, call your branch. Have your card available so staff may complete the checkout process.
5. Wait until you see a staff member place a bag on the contact-free pickup table.
6. Take your bag from the table. Verify that items in bag are the ones you checked out.
Click here for a full list of Branches and phone numbers.
Click here to see large infographic.
Click here for a full list of virtual programs
As the DeKalb community adapts to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have created an initiative called, DeKalb United: Strength, Courage and Inspiration During the Coronavirus.